2020 Flu vaccines are now available - please call today to schedule
Well Infant/Child Visit Schedule
We strongly adhere to the preventive health recommendations of the American Academy of Pediatrics, and the vaccination schedule of the CDC/ACIP (Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices). In addition to the vaccines below, we strongly recommend annual flu vaccination for all children starting at age 6 months.
WELL CHILD VISIT AND VACCINE SCHEDULE:
- After delivery: we round daily at Christiana Hospital / hepatitis B vaccine given in hospital
- 2-4 days after discharge
- 1-2 weeks later - weight check
- 1 month
- 2 months - vaccines: Pentacel*, Prevnar, Rotateq(oral)
- (hepatitis B vaccine #2 given at 1 or 2 months)
- 4 months - vaccines: Pentacel, Prevnar, Rotateq(oral)
- 6 months - vaccines: Pentacel, Prevnar, Rotateq(oral)
- 9 months - developmental screening
- (hepatitis B vaccine #3 is given at 6 or 9 months)
- 12 months - vaccines: MMR, chicken pox, hepatitis A
- 15 months - vaccines: Pentacel, Prevnar
- 18 months - vaccine: hepatitis A; developmental screening
- 24 months - developmental screening
- 30 months - developmental screening
- 36 months and on: Annual Well Child Visit until age 21
- 4 year old vaccines: DTaP/Polio, MMR, chicken pox
- 11 year old vaccines: Tdap, Menactra
- 11 years or older: Gardasil 9 (2 doses 6 months apart under age 15, 3 doses over age 15)
- 16 years vaccine: Menactra
- 16-18 years vaccine: Trumemba (2 doses 6 months apart)
- 18 year old vaccine: Tdap
*Pentacel: DTaP, polio, HIB combination vaccine. We use the available combination vaccines to reduce the total number of injections. When there are shortages we substitue the individual component vaccines. All scheduled vaccines are thimerosol-free.
Vision screening, hearing screening, dipstick urinalysis, routine blood screening for anemia and lead exposure for infants, and cholesterol screening for adolescents, are performed or ordered as per the guidelines of the American Academy of Pediatrics.
If you need to reschedule your child’s physical please call at least 1-2 business days before the scheduled appointment to avoid a $40 “No Show” Fee. We consider dismissal if a family has 3 “No Shows”.
Please request all school or daycare forms during your well child visit. There is a nominal charge for forms requested in between visits.